The early career research stage is tough. Interesting, intellectually challenging, pushing back frontiers of knowledge, working with talented people from around the world - all fantastic things. But have you ever ...
- Wondered what on earth the next career step is going to be?
- Wondered if you can have a university career?
- Felt surrounded by researchers who are brighter and more together than you?
- Felt overwhelmed by the sheer volume of 'stuff' you are supposed to do as a researcher?
- Thought of leaving academia but have just spent so long getting to this point?
- Looked at those 'high ups' in your institution and wondered where the women are?
- Tried to explain to your parents that postdocs seldom get Nobel prizes? (just me then?)
The gender pay gap in UK Universities is 15.5%.
Only 25% of professors are female.
But as a researcher you are focused on your own battle: your career.
The only person who is going to prioritise your career is ... you.
So what if you could ...
- Step back to understand your career options in and out of the university sector
- Explore what is important to you so decisions are based on your values
- Get clear no-nonsense advice to help you get that next position
- Learn tools to help you set goals and realise them
AND what if you could do this with a bunch of like minded women?
- So welcome to UNIque - the online programme for university women. Early career researchers just like you.