I'm a postdoc get me out of here! The online course
Helping you move on from your postdoc
You've spent all this time at university:
undergrad, masters, PhD and now you are a postdoc.
And then it hits you.
You don't want to be your boss (even if they are lovely).
You don't want to apply for a fellowship and there is only one lectureship a year in your discipline.
Panic? Crawl under the duvet? Just take another postdoc?
There is a better way ...
Imagine if you could ...
- Uncover the truths about your career options (The truth is out there after all ...)
- Create a sparkling CV and LinkedIn profile that communicates your fantastic skills to future employers
- Get clarity on how best to use this research contract to move you closer to your dream career (even if you don't know what that is yet)
What if you could be surrounded by the ping of emails inviting you to interview and the voices of an increased network?
Wouldn't it be great to face the future calmly feeling like you are in the driving seat glancing in the rear view mirror at all the amazing skills and experiences you have gathered during your career?
With I'm a postdoc get me out of here by your side you will explore:
- how to maximise the time you have, even if the contract clock is ticking
- how to get yourself application ready so that you can jump at job opportunities, even if three come along at once
- how to uncover your strengths and values so you can choose the right career with confidence
So what are you waiting for (I hope it's not the end of your contract!)? Join Dr Emma Williams today and find out just how quickly you can get your future career on track with you back in the driving seat.
This course helps postdocs achieve career clarity so that they can pursue the right career options even if they are uncertain what those might be
Dr Emma Williams is on a mission to enable researchers to take the next career step positively and proactively. Harnessing her 30+ years in and around Higher Education – from physicist to training business owner – she speaks, writes and trains on all things researcher development. Her favourite soapboxes include women’s development in Universities and encouraging researchers to investigate all things enterprising. She brings creativity, empathy and usually a large coffee to her work.